Life is busy enough without squeezing a medical appointment into the middle of your day. Here are some tips for making the process as easy and stress free as possible:
- Before making an appointment it’s always good to check with your insurance company to make sure the medical provider you are scheduling with is covered on your plan. Find out if any type of referral will be needed.
- When calling to make your appointment have your calendar and insurance information readily available.
- Know where you are going. Research the address, directions, potential traffic issues such as draw bridges, etc. Time of day can play a key factor with travel times.
- Complete the required paperwork prior to your arrival. Many offices have a link on their website or you can request to have it mailed to you. Paperwork tends to be more accurately completed when done in the privacy of your own home.
- Arrive 10 minutes early for checking in at the front desk. New patients should arrive 15 minutes early.
- Bring your insurance card to the appointment and be prepared to pay your co-pay.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to their first visit. Ask if there is a consent form to sign for future visits.
- Don’t over-schedule yourself. Clinics do their best to run on time but sometimes things happen that may increase your wait time. Don’t add to your stress level by being in a hurry.
- Schedule your follow-up appointment before leaving the office. You’ll have a much better choice of days/times available when you do so.
Following these simple tips will ensure your next visit is smooth and stress free. Do you have feedback for us? We love to hear how we are doing! Please click here to leave us your comments or recommendations.
[show_avatar email@example.com show_name=true show_biography=true]